Autor: Andrei (---.dyn.estpak.ee)
Kuupäev: 23.08.17 10:56
This workshop is for those who believe in magic in everyday life and who want to see wonderful things beneath the ordinary. Within two days you’ll learn how to create photography fairytales by using colours, composition, geometry, props and you’ll know how to do it on a budget. You’ll find out how my photographs were made and what inspired them. I will tell you about my photography craft, my sources of inspiration and ways of shaping ideas. I will walk you through all the steps of a conceptual photo-shoot in detail, including searching for locations, wardrobe, style, props, working with models and support team (makeup artists, decorators, stylists, etc.).
November 4 – November 5
Schedule for Tallinn:
DAY ONE - 9.00 - 16.00 - 7 hours
9.00 - 12.30 - theory + breaks
12.30 - 13.00 - lunch break
13.00 - 14.00 - me shooting
14.00 - 16.00 - participants shooting
DAY TWO - 4 hours
11.00 - 15.00 - processing part, questions, portfolio reviews, after party
DAY ONE: Creating Surreal Images - Theory and Practice (9.00 - 16.00 - 7 hours)
- who I am and how I started my path in photography;
- what is conceptual photography and 3 key elements of an eye-catching image;
- first steps in building a conceptual portfolio: stepping aside from an ordinary portrait, starting to think and shoot differently;
- actual ways of adding “magic” to your photographs - practical advice;
- searching for inspiration and shaping ideas;
- using composition, geometry, colours to create surreal images;
- organising a surreal conceptual shoot from a crazy idea to an amazing photo step by step;
- choosing locations (how, where, why);
- searching for perfect models and engaging them during the shooting process;
- styling your own shoot, picking wardrobe, accessories, props (how, where, why);
- making props by yourself;
- working with support team (makeup artists, hair stylists, decorators, stylists, etc.) - important things to keep in mind, when collaborating with other professionals;
- overcoming challenges of outdoor shooting.
Practical shooting session:
-drive-in into my working process with explanations of every action that I take. I show you how I work with models and shoot my images;
-you have a chance to work with models yourself under my guidance and supervision. There will be three models with professionally done makeup and hair, as well as a selection of props and outfits that your can use. Participants are divided into groups, so that everyone has enough time to create his or her own photo fairy tale.
DAY TWO: Post-Processing and Portfolio Reviews (11.00 - 15.00 - 4 hours)
- see my process of editing raw images from the previous day into a finished work;
- using Lightroom - working with contrast, curves, colours, eliminating lens imperfections.
- final edit in Photoshop - retouching skin, emphasizing shadows and highlights, removing and adding items, changing geometry of an image, creating a composite shot, some useful plug-ins;
- find out you how some of my previous photos were made, including “before/after” images and details of post-processing;
-we discuss the images that you made the day before and I give my comments on their strengths and points that could be improved;
-questions and answers
-portfolio reviews (you can get objective feedback on up to 7 of your previously made works).
After the workshop you’ll be able to:
Find surreal ideas and start executing them;
Plan your conceptual shoot from scratch, overcoming possible obstacles;
Use colour and geometry to express a concept;
Style your own shoot, finding locations, wardrobe, models and props;
Work with a team of supportive professionals;
Shoot and edit composite images with multiple flying objects.
Where: Estonia, Tallinn, Vana-Lõuna 39, Birdie Studio.
COST: €190 if you sign up by October 1st – €220 if you sign up after October 1st, 2017
TO REGISTER and for payment details please send us a message to Birdie Studio in Facebook or an e-mail to email@example.com with your name and contact details.
Payment: EE821010220257350221-BIRDIE PRODUCTION OÜ
Please note: the workshop will be in English.
About the Photographer
Dasha Pears is an award-winning Russian conceptual photographer, currently based in Helsinki, Finland. Dasha’s unique style is dreamlike and whimsical. Her works are telling stories that combine real life and surrealism, making the viewer stop and think.
She started her photographic path in 2011. Since then her images have been exhibited in Russia, Poland, Austria and Finland. Her works were also named among the winners of Best of Russia’15, and had an honorable mention during Trierenberg Super Circuit 2017 photography contest in Linz, Austria. Dasha’s photographs are used worldwide by companies like Trevillion, ArcAngel, and Millennium Images, and can be found on covers of books published in Europe, the United States and South America.
More information and complete portfolio can be found at:
Portfolio (web site): http://www.dashapears-art.com/portfolio
See you soon at workshop.